I have a soft spot for the Necromundan Guard in their grey overalls and black flak jackets and these chaps reminded me a heck of lot more of them than the Cadian plastics did. So i grabbed a box as they're going for 25% off or more on many independent sites. Here's the good and the bad:
- Cheaper than cadians
- Scale looks better when compared to SMs
- Lasguns look better scaled to the models
- Really easy to assemble with very little trimming
- They come with rules included should you want to play Warpath
- They really SMELL, badly. I had to put them back in the box they smelled that bad. Hopefully once sprayed that'll change.
- There are no options, not even for a sergeant without power fist.
- Special weapons are a bit meh and heavy weapons much smaller than GW IG equivalents
- The base molded to the feet needs trimming off if you are using scenic/GW bases, and you'll need a sharp knife!
- The poses are more limited than the GW models but this isn't really a problem if you ask me.
So in conclusion I am happy with them and intend to use them as the core of an IG army one day. Here's a scale comparison pic to help others decide whether or not they like them better/worse/same as GW models. Cheers.