Sunday 29 October 2017

Harlequins fully assembled, with a few hiccups.

Greeting all. First of my end of 2017 Xenos projects approaches completion.  Had a load of harlequins from death masque boxes that I’ve been meaning to assemble for about a year now to turn my old metal squad into an independent fighting force. Both before and after this process of assembly I maintain that these are some of the most gorgeous models produced by GW. I based them using the same green stuff technique seen on my blog HERE to fit wth the rest of the Eldar.



The army design is very simple in no small part due to the limited units available. I’m very happy with them as of now and the only expansions I would consider are a few more skyweavers and another star Weaver, as transports seem key in this edition. The theme is that they are a troupe of outcast and wanderers gathered together and called the Danse macabre. Each individual will have their own costume and colour scheme for variety.

Having had one game in 8th with them now, I really love the synergy and speed the army plays with, though they are an extreme glass cannon. I played vs death guard, so pretty much the opposite type of army to mine. I clinched the win by just about hanging on and being cowardly in the last turns (ambush with me as attacker) but my strategy in the first turns, to cripple his mobile units, held true.


Though I’m no expert on tactics, I’ve played with them once and read through the rules / watched several batreps and so may come back to write a small article on them later on with my thoughts on which units to take. For now the army stands as follows:

3x troupe masters
2x death jesters
2x shadowseers
1x solitaire
37x players
6x skyweavers
3x star/voidweavers

As an aside, the photos obviously show they are unpainted save for the older models. Keen eyes will spot that the paint on them has actually been stripped. This mishap occurred on my first venture with Corax white spray. I followed my usual spray method of prewarming, shaking throughly, correct distance etc (and also sprayed some other models black at the same time which turned out fine). Sadly, the whole batch ended up with a rough textured finish effectively ruining them. I turned to paint stripping with Dettol which worked really well. I also felt compelled to write to gw about the issue who, to my surprise, engaged very well on the matter. I provided photos and proof of purchase and in turn received some black spray and store credit. Kudos gw and goes to show, don’t ask = don’t  get. Right, gonna go spray them now, properly this time. Cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment