Wednesday 25 July 2018

Imperial Knights take to the field

Greetings all.

I've finally pulled my finger out and got these guys magnetised and assembled. What started as a single freeblade back when knights were first released has now grown into a small army. I purchased the Renegade box a while back but was never quite sure how to split it - I wanted one knight to be mechanicus and another to be chaos, which left me with my original freeblade. However, the advent of forgebane, the helverins and now a second copy of Renegade (new version) has left me able to still retain a knight each for chaos/mechanicum and still start a knight army.


I decided early on that I didn't want a whole knight army painted in the same colour as my ryza mechanicus, and thus I have adopted the colour scheme of my original knight freeblade. This is gold skeleton, black armour with silver trim and flames painted on the panels. I found an airbrush to be relatively useful in getting this done quickly, though my inexperience with it did result in several blockages. Of course, before embarking on a spray-fest I fully magnetised them all.

Fluff-wise, these chaps are called the 'Knights of Avalon' and I have used them as Taranis thus far as it fits with what I wanted for them. They are a band of freeblades, exiles, lone survivors and knights who have answered the call. They believe themselves to be on a holy crusade following the Emperor's will as divined by the Imperial Tarot. Upon forsaking their original oaths they repaint their armour - this is to represent the gold of the Emperor encased by black night, and flames to mark his eventual resurrection. They are named for Arthurian legend.


Ultimately I would like 12 Knights, (as in the number who supposedly sat around the round table, though this varies wildly) but am setting a milestone of 10 for end of the year - the last two probably to come when GW updates knights again or from FW. I have 7 thus far and the addition of a valiant, castellan and preceptor with make up the numbers. Only one of them is painted in the flame scheme thus far but more to follow. CHeers.

1 comment:

  1. My name is Karina, I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through all my life a weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how i could be transformed into a powerful when i came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete